Next Best buys July 1st
Persons may submit information for Places to Visit and the items under Current Events by clicking on the contact us in the main menu.
Classified ads are free to persons and non-profit, businesses please contact us for rates.
A log-in is required to post ads, registration is auto approved all ads must be approved by
Our webmaster before it is posted, therefore your may not appear on the site for 48 hours.
Ads will run for 14 days, if you sell the item before this time please remove it.
2nd Annual Steps to Recovery 5k Run/Walk & Kids Dash
date, time & location: July 12th at Chestnut Street Park, Port Allegany, PA
description: Registration & packet pick-up 8:00AM-8:45 AM, Race begins at 9:00AM. Free Kids Dash begins after 5k is completed. Cost $20 (Tech T-shirt guaranteed is registered by June 20th). $25 Day of Race. Register at www.adasonline.org
2014 Ridgway Firemen's Carnival July 15th, through the 19.
Safe Sitter Program
date, time & location: classes on June 18 or July 23 from 8:30 AM to 4 PM at the Faith Baptist Church in St. Marys. Fee - $25 due at registration.
description: Safe Sitter is a medically accurate, hands-on class that teaches boys and girls ages 11 to 15 how to handle emergencies when caring for children. Community Nurses trained instructors will offer the classes.
Dice Run sponsored by Abate District Four to benefit Community Nurses Hospice
date, time, & location: July 30, with registration at Moose Club in Emporium from 11 AM to noon.
description: Cost $10, all street legal vehicles welcome. Ends at Eagles Club in St. Marys. Food will be provided.
When getting ready to head out on your next paddling trip, be sure to keep these five safety tips in mind to ensure you have an enjoyable time on the water.
1. Take an on-water Course - whether it's a safety or skill development course, an ACA on-water instruction course provides the information you need for canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, rafting or safety & rescue.
2. Wear Your Lifejacket - Expect to capsize and swim occasionally when paddling a canoe, kayak, SUP or raft? Learn more about PFDs and how they might just save your life.
3. Cold Water Safety- Cold water is extremely dangerous! Learn more about protecting yourself in this environment
4. Rules of the Road- What paddlers need to know when sharing the waterways
5. Safety Check- Safety tips you need to consider the next time you head out on the water
6. Practices, Ethics and Conduct - Key points on how to appropriately share, and enjoy our natural paddling resources
7. Know Your Limits- Good things to contemplate before you leave shore
8. River Paddler's Guide to Rescue - The basics, just in case...
10. Trip Preparation and Planning - Getting ready to schedule your next trip? Learn more useful tips
For survivors and care givers
Kersey Methodist Church
Dagus Mines Road
For details or questions please call or email
Riding a bicycle is environmentally-friendly, great exercise, and just plain fun. Unfortunately, it can also be dangerous. In Maryland, there were a total of 686 pedal cycle-involved crashes in 2009, leaving 10 people dead and 578 people injured. Bicycles are considered vehicles in Maryland, and as such, cyclists must devote as much attention to riding a bike as they would when operating an automobile. Equally as important, motorists must allow cyclists the same respect and caution they would allow another automobile.